1. God is the one true God who is the Creator of the universe and mankind (Gen 1; Deut. 6; Eph 1).
2. Jesus Christ is the fullness of God, the Son of God incarnated as fully Man and God (John 1; Col 1).
3. The Trinity of the Godhead; the Holy Spirit is the dwelling and working of the Triune God in our being (Gen. 1:26; 1 Cor. 12:13; Eph 4:7-13; 5:18).
4. The sin of disobedience, “The Fall,” separated humankind from the one true God (Gen 3; Rom. 3).
5. Salvation belongs to God (Rev. 7).
6. The only way to have eternal life and relationship with the one true God is to believe and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (Eph 1 & 2; John 14:6; Rom. 10:9).
The Gospel is simply Jesus Christ. In John 14:6, Jesus declared:
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father (Creator) but through me.”
1 Corinthians 15:2-4 provides a good summary of what the gospel is:
“By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.”
The gospel is the good news of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ that provides full and free deliverance from the power and penalty of sin according to the grace of God alone through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
Thus, the Gospel requires us to follow Jesus Christ wholeheartedly, abandoning and surrendering our old sinful life and to live a new life holiness that honors and glorifies God.